Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A low hum

There is a low hum that has been running through me the last two days. It almost feels like a low grade fever, or like you feel right before you come down with a cold... it's this hum of energy that flows through you. You can feel it, but you can't see it yet. It's a bit like anxiety...but not of the nervous, freakish kind. Like the waiting for something to happen kind. I suspect it's the baby... but then nothing happens and I'm left all restless like. I can't eat or sleep much... I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. I should sit down and write... but then I grow uncomfortable, and I have to get up and move around.
In other news... I will probably take a teaching postion on the spring at a Tribal college. (Location purposely withheld.) I have a friend who is an instructor there as well and they have been trying to get me to come teach for some time... but the details were never right. But now they are bringing me in as a visiting writer and then I'll teach a couple of classes for them. I'm also going to do a workshop there, which makes me really happy. So, that is exciting.
Our air conditioner in the bedroom is broken.... which makes sleeping not fun. I sleep for about two hours a night... and two hours a day. My belly is too big to get comfortable very long. I have slept my two hours...so now I'm up for the night.
Anxious.
Waiting.
Trying to live life normally.
But that hum is there.
Just below the surface.
Like a gnat flying by your ear. Too small to see, but you're highly aware of it's presence.
I have a dr's appt tomorrow.
I'm fairly sure, nothing will happen between now and then and tomorrow night.
But I could be wrong.

No comments: