Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2007

baby girls b-day

Baby girl turned three weeks old today.
she is growing so fast! Everyday she changes. the nurse came by to see her on friday.... she is 8 and 1/2 pounds!!!! I'm so proud of her!!!!!
And she is getting so long!!! I can't believe she has only been on this earth for three short weeks.
I still want to stare at her all the time... but I've gotten better about getting down to the business of sleeping when she does. Those first VERY sleep deprived days really taught me a lesson.
I'm so overwhelmed by the awesomeness, beauty and power of her.
Life is perfect.
I blew off my deadline. (Shame on me) I didn't send anything to the publisher. There were just too many other things to do. well, not things... taking care of my daughter. That is what I've done, in lieu of writing my essay. There are tons of things I need/want to work on, manuscipts and such..... but it all seems so UNIMPORTANT right now.... in the shadow of my daughter. I will get back to writing... someday. I'm not going to rush it. Right now, this girl is little once...and I don't want to miss anything.
Her arrival was long coming. I am going to savor every minute of it.

No comments: